1. Generate e-commerce product visualization analytics and metrics by collecting experiential data with xAPI data and an LRS
2. Improve e-commerce product experiences based on the analytics or observable user behaviors and patterns
3. Provide meaningful and actionable analytic dashboards to e-commerce and advertising product customers
Nextech AR Solutions, Inc. provides several innovative Augmented Reality (AR) technology solutions to help customers across all industries offer interactive 3D model visualizations for their products in the e-commerce marketplace and display advertising. The 3D holographic offering allows potential customers to zoom in or see a product from any angle on a desktop computer and offers the ability to overlay the product in the real world surroundings using innovative web-based AR technology that does not require an app. Next also provides several Apps to activate more engaging and interactive AR experiences for 3D capture, training, retail, marketing, and entertainment. It was critical for NexTech AR to have the data and analytics system to be able to scale, and exist external to their company environment and offerings. This approach is unique in that it’s not your typical xAPI use case that measures learning outcomes, but instead is using xAPI to measure experiential interactions with their embedded technology within an e-commerce platform and AR-driven advertisements.
As a result of implementing xAPI and Veracity’s LRS, NexTech AR was able to track experiential interactions including: opening a 3D holographic rending, frequency of interacting with the model, accessing instructions, photo captures taken in AR with the 3D product, and duration of user interactions. This provided NexTech AR with a baseline of all the various user paths and ability to generate a heat map of user activity. Implementing xAPI and an LRS can also help inform NexTech AR’s future design and implementation approaches by using the analytics to make improvements to the placement of products. NexTech AR can now determine the click-through-rate (CTR), call-to-action (CTA) buttons, impressions, and how much time was spent looking at product instructions, which are all valuable for informing pricing model changes. In addition, NexTech AR is also using xAPI Statements to store human facial responses within an AR experience. For example, when trying on a pair of glasses using AR, NexTech AR’s technology is analyzing frames from the user’s video camera and then using an Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology to infer different types of emotional reactions. So far, NexTech AR’s implementation has resulted in over 10 million xAPI statements generated in Veracity’s LRS SaaS offering.
The SolutionLRS data was used to aggregate e-commerce data collected via AR interactions and then use that data to populate custom dashboards for each customer. The solution is described below.
Augmented Reality Data Capture
• xAPI Statements are generated for e-commerce users both in the desktop UI and the mobile app
• Made use of context extensions to track data outside of the core xAPI Statement Model
• xAPI Statements generated for specific interactions, such as: platform information, emotional reactions, and demographics about the user
• Custom dashboards are provided for each e-commerce and AR platform customer